This page is under construction. Please contact us to report any errors.
2020 Cash Day Tournaments
for adult and advancing children to continue your journey to the top here.formerly known as Grand Prix, SuperDuperLuper, and 1-Day Regular Tournaments
Come as You Are!These tournaments are for adults and children rated 1000 and higher.
K-12 children rated under 1000, please check out our scholastic tournaments.
Quick Links to Navigate This Page:
Prize Fund & Entry Fees (Prizes, Schedule, Time Control)
Basic Orientation (How to Register, Schedule & Time Control, Before You Come, When You Come)
Limited Time Specials | Calendar of Events | Locations
Other Information (Accessibility, Electronic Devices, Membership Requirements, Staff)
Prize Funds & Entry Fees
Prizes vary by tournament and location. See below for sample prize funds. Please check TLA for exact amounts.
$$ 1,100 b/39This Prize Fund is typically for our high attendance tournaments at locations, such as Cupertino, Fremont, Pleasanton, Santa Clara, etc.
Entry fee for these events is 55 (econ entry fee is 40 with 50% prize).
1st 2nd Class 1800+ $220 $60 u2000: $1100 1400-1799 $200 $60 u1600: $100 Under 1400 $200 $60 u1200: $50
$$600 b/28This Prize Fund is typically for our developing locations with lower attendance to support lower entry fees (such as Sacramento, San Jose SJC Airport, etc.) or lower rent (San Jose Bay Area Chess Center).
Entry fee for these events is 43 (econ entry fee is 33 with 50% prize).
Sections: Players are likley to be split into 2 sections based on rating.
How to Register
- Register online or onsite (online registration closes at midnight before the event date)
- Reconfirm that we you have your preferred email address in your user profile (so you can receive orientation & other notifications)
- Save your confirmation/payment email and bring to the tournament in case there is any confusion about your ID or name.
Schedule & Time Control
Name Time Control Round Times Swiss45 G/45 d5 9a 11a 1p 3p Swiss61 G/61 d5 9a 11:30a 2p 4:30p Swiss75 G/75 d5 9a noon 3p Swiss90 G/90 d5 9a 12:30p 4p
Before You Come
When You Come
- Report to the TD if you find any errors or omissions (no check-in required)
- Request/confirm any 1/2-point byes for any rounds you plan to miss
- Be nice to everyone!
Limited Time Specials
- Our promotions make tournaments more affordable so we can make chess more accessible.
Chess4Less Program$12 dollars off entry fees ($7 off econ entry fees) at the following locations:
Cash Back ProgramRegister for multiple tournaments and get cash back!
Num of Tourneys Cash Back 2 $5 3 $10 4 $20 5 $30 ... ...
Calendar of Events
Location Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Cupertino Juniper (map) 23 (75) 8 (75) 14 (75) 4 (75) Foster City Courtyard Marriott (map) TBD TBD TBD Fremont Marriott (map) 22 (75) 1 (90) 12 (75), 26 (61) TBD TBD TBD Pleasanton Four Points (map) 23 (61) 7 (75) 17 (75) TBD 12 (75) Sacramento / Rancho Cordova Courtyard Marriott (map) 8 (75) TBD TBD 6 (75) 11 (75) San Jose Fairfield Inn (map) 29 (75) 30 (90) 27 (75) 18 (75) San Jose / BAC Center (map) 11 (90) 17 (90), 30 (75) 28 (90) 5 (90), 19 (61) Santa Clara Convention Center (map) 10 (75)
- 45 indicates Swiss45
- 61 indicates Swiss61
- 75 indicates Swiss75
- 90 indicates Swiss90
- Cupertino Juniper (map): 10050 South De Anza Boulevard, Cupertino, CA 95014
- Fremont Marriott (map): 46100 Landing Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538
- Foster City Courtyard Marriott (map): 550 Shell Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404
- Palo Alto Unitarian Universalist Church (map) 505 E Charleston Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94306
- Pleasanton Four Points by Sheraton (map): 5115 Hopyard Rd, Pleasanton, CA 94588
- (Sacramento) Rancho Cordova Courtyard Marriott (map): 10683 White Rock Rd, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
- (San Jose) SJC Airport Fairfield Inn (map): 1755 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95112
- (San Jose) Bay Area Chess Center (map): 2050 Concourse Drive #42, San Jose, CA 95131
- Santa Clara Convention Center (map): 5001 Great America Pkwy., Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Please turn off all phones in the playing area.
- The TD may forfeit anyone found operating a phone during an active game.
- Electronic Recording Devices:
- Please come to the registration desk 20 minutes before your first round to get an Authorization Tag for any electronic recording device before using it.
- The TD may confiscate any devices without an Authorization Tag.
Accessibility InformationWe are dedicated to making all our events accessible and inclusive for everyone. Please inform us at least two weeks before the tournament if you have any special requirements during the tournament. We will attempt to make reasonable and fair accommodations. We thank you for your continued support in making our events the happiest place on Earth.
- Chief Organizer: Salman Azhar
- Other Organizers: Zarina Azman, James Bethany, Rahima Azman, Svetlana Kondakova
- Chief Tournament Directors: National TD Tom Langland, National TD John McCumiskey
- Other Tournament Directors: National TD Richard Koepcke, Senior TD Jordan Langland, Arthur Liou, Michael D'Alfonsi, Elena Kondakova, Ryan Cottone, Brendyn Estolas, Matt LeForce, Andrew Mueckenberger, and many others.